Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Very Cool Session!

Once in awhile a photographer gets to do a session that is "out of the realm" of his or her "norm"...In my case, my "norm" consists of weddings, romance and bridal sessions, children, seniors and families. And even though this session was of a family, it was like none other I have ever done before.

We in America are in most part, uneducated about the world around us. I admit that I am one of those uneducated Americans and find myself becoming a kind of "sponge" when I am exposed to new cultures.

Korea...What do you know about Korea? Besides getting to see in real life the colorful Korean "formal wear" that the family would wear to weddings and other special occasions, I learned that my friends' children were 1st generation Korean-Americans! I learned how important a baby's first birthday is and how it is called a "Tol or Toljabee".

What an amazing world we live in where there are more than 6,912 languages spoken, 191 countries and over six billion people that inhabit the earth! (found on www.answers.com) As I watched the Olympics these past few weeks, it made me realize not only how small the US is in comparison to the rest of the world, but how small each one of us really is..."Don't sweat the Small Stuff" became my new slogan during this epiphany...

And I transgress...back to the session...

Levi Song is turning 1 and his mom wanted to do a special invitation to his birthday party and create a book with the whole family in the traditional Korean dress for their friends to enjoy (and like me...maybe be educated) during the party next week!

I hope you enjoy the VIBRANTLY COLORFUL pictures of this precious family and baby boy!

Lisa





















Kindly Share The Love »»

Save on Delicious

No comments: