Thursday, March 11, 2010

A FUN BRIDAL SESSION...

I know the following pictures may seem "unorthodox" for a photographer, but I had to satisfy my "urge" to show you the most recent and BEAUTIFUL bridal session I did last week! Of course I can't show you the actual photos in fear that my bride's groom would see her dress prior to the wedding day, so I had to "improvise" a bit to post them here....

As you may (or may not) know...here in the "Good 'Ole South" we do bridal sessions a few weeks before the actual wedding date. The bride gets her hair and makeup done. Her floral designer makes a bouquet for her and we do pictures to be displayed at the reception as the guests arrive for cocktails. I didn't understand why a girl would want to get ready for her "wedding day" weeks before her ACTUAL wedding day, until I started doing these sessions.

But through doing several of them, we not only have gotten AMAZING shots without the distraction of the groom and family or the pressure of the bridal party who just wants to get to the "PARTY", but we always seem to discover something about the hair, dress, shoes, veil, etc. that could have potentially "freaked out" the bride on her wedding day.

I was so excited about this session for two reasons...#1...this bride is a long-time "Dixie-friend" of mine and #2...she said she was "up for anything" during this shoot!



My Wonderful "assistants"...



The Bride's friend and hairdresser...



The flowers...


My sister-in-law's chair that we "stole" from her house...


CR and this bride have a "special" connection...although he would not step too close to the electric fence...Smart Horse!

My Favorite barn....

My sweet daughter, Lily, who rode her bike to bring me my boots to use in the shoot...



And the boots on the feet of my FUN bride...

Although I can't disclose the bride's name at this time, keep an eye out in a few weeks as I will post the pictures when she becomes Mrs.....(you thought I was going to slip, didn't you???)

Lisa

Kindly Share The Love »»

Save on Delicious

No comments: